These are the best children’s books to celebrate fall! Enjoy a list of the best children’s books that focus on pumpkins, and can help encourage your children to get excited for the cooler days of fall. Whether you carve pumpkins, paint pumpkins, or simply enjoy the fall season weather, I’m confident your children will love having pumpkin story time with these wonderful pumpkin themed books!
Pumpkin Character Books
- Pumpkins in Fall: Learn how pumpkins grow in this book.
- From Seed to Pumpkin: Watch how a seed transforms into a pumpkin.
- It’s Pumpkin Day, Mouse! (If You Give…): Your favorite mouse decorates all of the pumpkins in the patch.
- How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin?: This book focuses on counting.
- The Biggest Pumpkin Ever: Read along as the main characters try to win a pumpkin contest.
- The Roll-Away Pumpkin: A whimsical autumn tale!
- Pumpkin Jack: Our main character here watches as his pumpkin rots.
- Too Many Pumpkins: What happens when you have TOO many pumpkins?
- You’re My Little Pumpkin Pie: This is a chunky board book to share with a little one.
- Apples and Pumpkins: A young girl spends her day picking apples and looking for pumpkins.
Halloween Books For Kids
- How Big Could Your Pumpkin Grow?: Will your pumpkin be as big as a national landmark?
- The Pumpkin Book: Learn about the lifecycle of a pumpkin.
- The Itsy Bitsy Pumpkin: A cute spin on the Itsy Bitsy Spider!
- Splat the Cat and the Pumpkin-Picking Plan: It’s a storybook AND stickers.
- Pick a Pumpkin: A beautifully illustrated book to share the story of picking a pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Pumpkin: A book for all seasons! He plants his seeds in spring and waits for his pumpkin to grow in fall.
- Princess Pumpkin Patch: A princess and her patch!
- Pumpkin Day! (Step into Reading): An early reading book.
- Duck & Goose, Find a Pumpkin: An oversized board book for young readers.
- The Berenstain Bears and the Prize Pumpkin: Classic characters return for a prized pumpkin story.